Welcome to the WKC News Media Center
The Westminster Kennel Club welcomes the press and wants to make sure you have access to all the information and resources needed to accomplish your assignments.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Post Group winner and judge’s interview location in the benching area
- E-Press Kit with regularly updated press releases, fact sheets, and FAQs
- Press materials available for download including photos, videos, and logos
- Tiered risers at Madison Square Garden for credentialed photographers
- Post Best in Show Press Conference area on the floor at Madison Square Garden
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING MEDIA CREDENTIAL APPLICATIONS ONLINE OR AT PIER 94 BECAUSE WE ARE EXPECTING CAPACITY CROWDS. IF YOU ARE ONLY PLANNING TO PROVIDE COVERAGE OF THE DOG SHOW AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN AND HAVE NOT APPLIED FOR A CREDENTIAL, PLEASE EMAIL PRESS@WESTMINSTERKENNELCLUB.ORG.
The Westminster Kennel Club has a long history with the international, national, local, and breed-specific working press. For the news media’s convenience please use the Online Media Credential Application. This is how it works:
- Fill out the Online Media Credential application
- Check that you have read and accepted the 2020 Westminster Kennel Club Media Credential Policies
- Submit the Application (no confirmation email will be sent)
- Approval/denial emails will be sent out within one week of application
Credential Application Deadline: Friday, January 31, 2020, at noon EST
Credentials Pick Up Locations
PR Staff will be located at the front desk at the Pier 94 entrance to distribute credentials or at the special Madison Square Garden entrance.
To pick up your credentials, you will need to provide a photo ID. Only one credential per person can be picked up at a time. There will be no bulk credentials handed out.
New for Pier 94 admission: Each credential holder will be issued an e-ticket via email by February 6, 2020 for entrance to Pier 94 starting on Saturday, Feb. 8 to pick up your credential. You must use this e-ticket to enter the venue before you pick up your credential at the designated press table near the Pier 94 front ticket desk.
ALL credentials will be available for pick-up at Pier 94 on these dates/times:
- Saturday, February 8, 2020 from 7:30am to 5:00pm
- Sunday, February 9, 2020 from 7:30am to 3:00pm
- Monday, February 10, 2020 from 7:30am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 from 7:30am to 3:00pm
Madison Square Garden
The Madison Square Garden media entrance on 33rd St. between Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse / 8 Penn Plaza (MSG employee entrance at 8th Ave). This location will have signage for easy identification.
ALL credentials will be available for pick up at MSG on these dates/times:
- Monday, February 10, 2020 from 6:00pm to 8:30pm
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 from 6:00pm to 8:30pm
MSG floor seating: Once at MSG, floor seating for reporters on deadline is on a first-come, first-serves basis. Once the floor seating is full, reporters may pick-up a general seating ticket in the press room while supplies last. These seats are in a specific section and are also filled on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be no standing on the floor of MSG, unless you a credentialed photographer in the photographer’s pit.
Please note: We do not offer credentials for photographer’s assistants, freelance writers or freelance photographers. For questions regarding credentials please email email@example.com.