Welcome to the WKC News Media Center
The Westminster Kennel Club has made enhancements to improve communications with the media covering our events. We welcome the press and want to make sure you have access to all the information and resources needed to accomplish your assignments.
Here are a few of the new improvements that we are excited to tell you about:
- An E-Press Kit is available and will be updated regularly with press releases and one-sheets of information.
- Press Materials will be available for easy-access download including photos, videos and logos.
- Tiered risers at Madison Square Garden for credentialed photographers.
- New location for Post Best in Show Press Conference.
If you require further information than is offered online, please contact a Communications Team Member.
The Westminster Kennel Club has a long history with the international, national, local, and breed-specific working press. In our ongoing efforts to improve the Westminster experience for the news media we now have an online Media Credential Application. This is how it works:
- Fill out the Online Application
- Check that you have read and accepted the 2017 Westminster Kennel Club Media Credential Policies
- Submit the Application – You will receive an auto-email notification that we have received the application
- There will be monthly email notifications of credential approval
- Please pick-up your credential at the location selected on the application
Credential Pick Up
For those returning to cover our events, this year there will be NO BLUE ADMISSION TICKETS distributed to enter the venue. PR Staff will be located at the front desk at the Pier 92 entrance to distribute credentials.
ALL credentials will be available for pick up at Pier 92 on these dates/times:
- Saturday, February 11, 2017 from 7:00am to 5:00pm
- Monday, February 13, 2017 from 7:00am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017 from 7:00am to 3:00pm
Madison Square Garden
If you select to pick up your credentials specifically at Madison Square Garden (MSG) on your application, there will be PR Staff at an entrance on 33rd St. between Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse / 8 Penn Plaza (MSG employee entrance at 8th Ave). This location will have signage for easy identification.
MSG pick up times are:
- Monday, February 13, 2017 from 5:30pm to 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017 from 5:30pm to 9:00pm
Please note: We do not offer credentials for photographer’s assistants, freelance writers or freelance photographers. For questions regarding credentials please email email@example.com.