Welcome to the WKC News Media Center
The Westminster Kennel Club welcomes the press and wants to make sure you have access to all the information and resources needed to accomplish your assignments.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- New: Post group winner and judge’s interview location in the benching area
- E-Press Kit with regularly updated press releases, fact sheets, and FAQs
- Press materials available for download including photos, videos, and logos
- Tiered risers at Madison Square Garden for credentialed photographers
- Post Best in Show Press Conference area on the floor at Madison Square Garden
The Westminster Kennel Club has a long history with the international, national, local, and breed-specific working press. For the news media’s convenience please use the Online Media Credential Application. This is how it works:
- Fill out the Online Application
- Check that you have read and accepted the 2018 Westminster Kennel Club Media Credential Policies
- Submit the Application – You will receive an auto-email notification that we have received the application
- There will be monthly email notifications of credential approval
Credential Application Deadline: Thursday, February 8, 2018
After this date, if credentials are still needed, they must be applied for in person at a credential pick up location during posted hours below. Approval is not guaranteed.
Credentials Pick Up Locations
For those returning to cover our events, once again, there will be NO BLUE ADMISSION TICKETS distributed to enter the venue.
PR Staff will be located at the front desk at the Pier 92 entrance to distribute credentials or at the special Madison Square Garden entrance.
To pick up your credentials, you will need to provide a photo ID. Only one credential per person can be picked up at a time. There will be no bulk credentials handed out.
ALL credentials will be available for pick-up at Pier 92 on these dates/times:
- Saturday, February 10, 2018 from 7:00am to 5:00pm
- Monday, February 12, 2018 from 7:00am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 from 7:00am to 3:00pm
Madison Square Garden
The Madison Square Garden media entrance on 33rd St. between Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse / 8 Penn Plaza (MSG employee entrance at 8th Ave). This location will have signage for easy identification.
ALL credentials will be available for pick up at MSG on these dates/times:
- Monday, February 12, 2018 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
MSG floor seating: Once at MSG, floor seating for reporters on deadline is on a first-come, first-serves basis. Once the floor seating is full, reporters may pick-up a general seating ticket in the press room. These seats are in a specific section and are also filled on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be no standing on the floor of MSG, unless you a credentialed photographer in the photographer’s pit.
Please note: We do not offer credentials for photographer’s assistants, freelance writers or freelance photographers. For questions regarding credentials please email firstname.lastname@example.org.