THE 148TH ANNUAL WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW
Enhance your show experience with our Exhibitor Resource Center. Download key PDFs for competition details, schedules, grooming tips, and more. Everything you need, conveniently accessible for a seamless Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show journey.
148th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show and 9th Annual Masters Obedience Championship.
11th Annual Masters Agility Championship
Learn more about the judges who will make their selections of which dogs will advance to Best in Show.
Conformation Breed Exhibitor Qualifying Information
- The invitation Qualifying Period for the 148th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is January 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023, for:
- Top Five AKC Champions of Record Dogs for each breed or variety based on breed rankings
- National Specialty Best of Breed Winners
Junior Showmanship Exhibitor Qualifying Information
- The invitation Qualifying Period for the 148th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show for Junior Showmanship entrants is October 1, 2022, to December 31, 2023.
- Junior Showmanship Handlers will be invited to enter if they have been awarded Best Junior (from a minimum of two competing classes) at SEVEN (7) or more AKC Licensed or Member shows within the above-stated qualifying period, and who were at least 9 years old and under 18 years old at the time of each qualifying win.
Obedience Exhibitor Qualifying Information
- The invitation Qualifying Period for the 9th Annual Masters Obedience Championship at Westminster is January 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023, for:
- Invitees include:
- Top 200 dogs based on OTCH points earned only at AKC Obedience Trials during the qualification period.
- Winners from the previous year’s Westminster Masters Obedience Championship, the AKC Classic Master Class and the AKC National Obedience Championship.
- Non-Invited Entry Eligibility includes:
- Dogs eligible for AKC Obedience Trial Open B and Utility B Classes that have earned the AKC Obedience Trial Championship (OTCH) title prior to submitting their entry for this event are also eligible but will not receive an advanced invitation.
- Invitees include:
Agility Exhibitor Qualifying Information
- The 2024 Trial will be open to dogs with MACH, PACH titles only.
- Participants must have MACH or PACH titles at the time of entry.
- Entries will not be accepted without these titles.
- If entering “PREFERRED,” you must have a PACH title at the time of entry.
If you would like to advertise in our 2024 show catalogue, please fill out the relevant Ad Contract and return it to us, along with the ad, by February 23rd, 2024. Full instructions are provided in the Contract.
2024 Dog Show PDF
2024 Dock Diving PDF
2024 Master’s Agility PDF
2024 Master’s Obedience PDF
Westminster Exhibitor FAQs
Where is Westminster Week being held this year?
The 148th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show presented by Purina Pro Plan®, including the 11th Annual Masters Agility Championship and 9th Annual Masters Obedience Championship, will be held at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, Flushing, NY.
What is the 2024 WKC Dog Show qualifying period?
To receive an invitation to the 2024 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, your dog must be a Champion and be ranked in the Top 5 in each eligible breed or variety, or be a National Specialty BOB Winner, or have attained the necessary Junior Qualifier wins, or have attained the necessary Obedience Rankings as recorded by the AKC during the qualifying period from January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023. Please visit infodog.com or westminsterkennelclub.org to see the Top 5 rankings during the Westminster qualifying period to see if your dog will receive an invitation.
When do entries close?
Conformation entries close on Friday, February 23, 2024, at 3 p.m. ET.
Agility entries open on Wednesday, March 6, 2024, at 7 a.m. ET and close on Wednesday, April 10, 2024 at 3 p.m. ET.
Can I get private security for my dog?
Does my dog have to be a champion to enter?
Yes. As referenced on page 20 of the Premium List, “Dogs must have qualified for their AKC championship to be eligible to enter before submitting their entry.” See additional details in the Premium List.
Where can I unload?
Exhibitors MUST unload into the large grooming tents at the Tennis Center prior to parking. The Tennis Center will be open on Sunday, May 12 from 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. for multi-day and Monday exhibitors to unload and setup. The venue will re-open by 6 a.m. on Monday and Tuesday for the respective days of judging. Tuesday exhibitors desiring to unload in advance of judging may be able to do so Monday evening from 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The grooming tent/unloading/loading operations will be managed by Site Control, MBF, and security personnel. Monday exhibitors must exit the grooming tent by 7 p.m. and Tuesday exhibitors must exit the grooming tent by 11:59 p.m.
Agility and Obedience exhibitors will not have access to the venue on Friday, May 10. The venue will be open by 6 a.m. on Saturday, May 11.
Agility and Obedience exhibitor parking will be in parking lots in and around the Tennis Center. Valet parking to and from these lots will be available for exhibitors choosing this option.
Conformation exhibitor parking will be located at the nearby Queens Hall of Science parking lots. This lot is a short walk to the Tennis Center. Overnight parking will not be available.
Shuttle service for the short ride back to the Tennis Center will also be provided. Shuttle buses will loop back and forth from the parking lot to the USTA.
Will I be able to work/groom out of my vehicle?
No. Two large tents adjacent to the breed rings and Arthur Ashe Stadium will be the designated grooming area for exhibitors. These tents will have electrical drops for exhibitor use. Personal exhibitor generators will not be permitted. Agility and obedience exhibitors will be able to crate their dogs in the large tent outside Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Will exhibitors get extra admission tickets?
No, two (2) daytime exhibitor’s wristbands for the USTA will be provided for the day your dog is entered and will be sent with your exhibitor packet. These wristbands will also be used by exhibitors for nighttime for the day your breed is judged.
If you win Best of Breed, up to three additional exhibitor wristbands will be available to you through MBF.
If additional tickets are required, tickets are on sale for the day and evening judging at the Tennis Center through Ticketmaster.com only.
How many entry tickets will a Junior Handler invitee receive?
Each Junior Handler will receive three exhibitor wristbands for both Monday and Tuesday. This applies to the entered Junior and their guardians ONLY.
Can spectators get tickets?
Tickets for all events are on sale now, and are available exclusively through Ticketmaster.
May I show and go?
Exhibitors who have completed judging may exit the grounds at their discretion.
Where do I find nearby hotels?
The Westminster Kennel Club has arranged special rates for surrounding hotels. Please use the code or link provided on the hotel page listing when booking your reservation. This list is complete—no additional hotels will be added.
What is the hotel shuttle bus schedule, and where does it run?
Shuttle buses for exhibitors, their dogs, and spectators will run loops from the
LaGuardia Airport Marriott, Aloft, Hampton Inn, and LaGuardia Plaza hotels to and from the Tennis Center. The policy will be “exhibitors with dogs first.” Learn more about transportation.