Veterinarian of the Year
Veterinarian of the Year Award in Partnership with Trupanion
The Westminster Kennel Club is continuing its tradition of supporting the veterinary community and canine health. In 1987 the Club began its WKC Veterinary Scholarship program which has offered scholarships to students totaling over $4.8 million to date. In support of veterinary practices and their team, the Club has partnered with the long-time veterinary advocate, Trupanion, to celebrate and support veterinarians who make a difference in our pets’ lives.
Trupanion exists to help loving, responsible pet owners budget and care for their pet, for life. Trupanion’s tremendous support for the veterinary community through the founding of Veterinary Appreciation Day™, TruCuddle™, and involvement with non-profit organizations to give back to the veterinary community is a natural match for Westminster’s long history of providing veterinary scholarships. An exciting extension of our partnership is the launch of the Veterinarian of the Year Award where we will recognize an outstanding veterinarian and their team.
Together, the Westminster Kennel Club and Trupanion would like to use this award to create awareness for the mental well-being support needed by these passionate professionals and their teams. Westminster will donate $10,000 in the winning veterinarian’s name to MightyVet, a non-profit, industry-wide online platform founded to support veterinarians, students, and vet techs tackling the issues of mental well-being and continuing education in the veterinary profession.
ABOUT THE AWARD
Veterinarians are among the most compassionate and trusted professionals in the world. They are unsung heroes who dedicate their lives to being patient advocates.
Do you know a veterinarian who has made a difference and actively improves the lives of pets, and other veterinary professionals? Do they elevate the bar for best treatments, mentor the next generation of veterinary professionals, or pursue a passion to advance the profession?
NOMINATE A VETERINARIAN
Whether you are a dog owner or a member of the veterinary community, tell us in 200 words or less how a veterinarian that you know is making a difference. Four regional finalists will be selected from among the qualified entries by a panel of judges consisting of Westminster and Trupanion representatives. Regional finalists will be the entrant from each region that best demonstrates that the veterinarian:
- Has actively improved the lives of pets and owners
- Has elevated the bar for best treatments
- Has mentored the next generation of veterinary professionals
- Has pursued a passion to advance the profession
Regional finalists must submit a video entry that will be shared across Westminster social media platforms. The winner will be the finalist who receives the most cumulative likes/favorites across platforms.
WINNERS AND STAFF WILL RECEIVE
- A WKC donation of $10,000 made in the winner's name to MightyVet a non-profit, industry-wide online platform founded to support veterinarians, students, and vet techs tackling the issues of mental well-being and continuing education in the veterinary profession.
- A trip to the 2022 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show including airline tickets, hotel accommodations, and tickets to the show.
- Westminster will also provide branded merchandise to all regional finalists' hospitals.